Beef Wellington in Seattle
Sharon in Snohomish
2009-04-12 23:32:33 UTC
A friend of mine was laughing because it seems every chef on the chef
competition shows, i.e. "Hell's Kitchen", "Top Chef", etc. has, as
some point, been required to produce Beef Wellington, however, we
haven't seen it on an actual restaurant menu in years. Anybody know
of a Seattle restaurant that still serves this classic carnivore dish?
Julie Bove
2009-04-13 05:12:59 UTC
Post by Sharon in Snohomish
A friend of mine was laughing because it seems every chef on the chef
competition shows, i.e. "Hell's Kitchen", "Top Chef", etc. has, as
some point, been required to produce Beef Wellington, however, we
haven't seen it on an actual restaurant menu in years. Anybody know
of a Seattle restaurant that still serves this classic carnivore dish?
The only place I can recall seeing it in a restaurant was in Bloomsburg, PA.
I can't remember the name of the place and that was over 10 years ago. I
have seen them frozen at Costco though.
Josh Hayes
2009-04-14 05:51:17 UTC
Post by Sharon in Snohomish
A friend of mine was laughing because it seems every chef on the chef
competition shows, i.e. "Hell's Kitchen", "Top Chef", etc. has, as
some point, been required to produce Beef Wellington, however, we
haven't seen it on an actual restaurant menu in years. Anybody know
of a Seattle restaurant that still serves this classic carnivore dish?
Haw.

I had a fantastic Beef Wellington in Chicago at The Bakery.

The downside is, it was in 1975. (On the up side, the spinach pie at the
Atheneum was terrific as well. In 1975.)

That's the last time I've seen a place offer it. A number of places offer a
"Portobello" Wellington (like, say, Carmelita and Cafe Flora), but it's odd
that nobody seems to want to do the beefy version.

-JAH